Monday, December 8, 2008

Gettin Slow...

Things are getting slow on the field lately. With no teams playing, we only get to do 1 on 1, or 2 on 1 drills for the pass month. I missed the thrill and excitement of playing some real matches, the satisfaction of playing as a complete team...

Playing with ourselves for the pass month, I'm starting to falter. I forgot how to play tight, keep exposing myself too much. Couple that with the unfamiliarity of using a new marker (it's leaking air again, and my o-ring supplies are super low), I'm so not in shape.

The upcoming mini tournament later this month will be a good warm-up for next year's tournament season. Let's hope things will start to pick up soon....

Notes to self :
  • Always treat every game as a real match, let the subconscious mind get used to playing competitively.
  • Do not come out of the same spot when snap shooting. Fully utilize every angle of a bunker, mix up your timing, and keep your opponents guessing.
  • Play TIGHT!! Play TIGHT!!
  • Always be ready to shoot on sight.

No comments: